Post new topic   Reply to topic    Redeemed of Shadow Council Forum Index -> Challenge Modes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taiwei

re: CMs

Moshui Sabii Jeff and Birks

Y'all said you were interested in cms is noon EST Sunday too early?
If so leme know, Birks said Sunday was the only day that worked for him, and I'll be driving down to see my dad for Father's Day in the afternoon. So just let me know what the earliest time that works for y'all is.

Also anyone else interested in cms gimmie a holler

Mosh here's some cm specific frost stuff you might not have gotten from googling how to play frost.

Go
Icy Floes/Blazing
Barrier
Frost jaw 90% of the time
Cold snap for dps, or cauterize if you're feeling shaky
Ice nova for ease of use, frost bomb for slightly higher dps
Rune for places with clearly delineated pack by packs, Incanters for higher skill cap/ chain pulls like BSM
Crystal all day erry day

Always run Icy Veins and Splitting Ice usually Cone of Cold for the last or Ele glyph if your water elemental seems particularly derpy

Spellsteal anything spellstealable, for the comp were running, you're the purge, and purging is much more important in WoD cms than it was in mists.

If you're running ice nova remember it's an aoe disorient, so you can use it defensively for huge effect against casters, and it also resets melee swing timers, this can save Jeff in a pinch. Always have a charge up for when your pet nova comes off cd. Since pet nova is off your gcd you can simultaneously pet nova and nova to ensure the actual nova benefits from shatter. If you're going to standard nova follow it up with a Cone of Cold for the shatter if you don't have lance procs. And if you are running nova cold snap becomes closer to mandatory.

Never waste lance procs on deep freeze unless it's super dire. For your planned deep freezes use frost jaw to deep them, and if they're unlikely to be broken out of the frost jaw by cleave, let them sit in the jaw for a gcd or two before deeping them to keep pressure off of Jeff for longer. Also after deeping something make sure to only use your lance procs on the target furthest from them so that the splitting ice lances don't break the deep.

Your frozen orb is typically as dumb as your elemental and likes to get stuck on terrain or stupid things, if you have the opportunity blink/blazing into melee to position it perfectly, and you can just lance spam as you run out.

If you're running frost bomb make sure you have a lance flying as you pet nova to ensure the burst benefits from shatter. Use your personal nova as much as possible to make as many of the bursts benefit from shatter as possible. Frost jaw your bomb target for an additional burst lance (does not apply when you have crystal up you can't jaw your crystal DHappy

You probably already found this but cm frost stat prio is a little different

Multi>>>>crit> Vers>>haste>>>>>mastery

The better you get at gaming shatter the more versatility starts to take over.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm at work waiting on the centrifuge to stop spinning.
Xander
Moshui
In-Game Rank 2

Hey, all.

So, I think I may have to bow out from this round of CMs. The next couple of weeks are a little crazy for me. I can easily carve out an hour or two whenever the CMs are happening, but I don't really have a ton of extra time right now to spend in-game learning to play a new spec and pick up properly itemized gear. I'm not great at just picking up new specs and toons, and it would take me some time to practice it to a point where I'd feel comfortable joining a group for CMs. Right now, there's really no way I'd be ready with a frost spec in the next day and a half.

Sorry, all. Good luck in there!

Like I said before, I still have like 2 weeks of work and I'm busy as fuck now that I've started freelancing too. After my 2 weeks are up, I will be available in the evenings. If you don't mind waiting two weeks, we can open up availability.

Since it's Father's day tomorrow, lets just push it back.

Sunday at noon may be tough for me. My availability would be later in the night Sundays, or Wednesdays after work. (>5pmEST).

Id even be open to running them before raids on Thursday/Friday. But that may be too much in one night for some.

I would be cool with Mon/Tues/Wed nights but it's gotta wait until after 7/7.

Greedysabii#1438 add my Real ID because i have it up most of the time I'm on my comp. Im pretty flexible other than raid times with doing it.
Taiwei

Looks like Wednesdays are the day that most folks can make so if somewhere around 6-8 est for a start time works for y'all?

Also birks, ran some on my terrible holy pally, the IoL changes allow you to play stupid offensively, and the shockadin buffs make it super valuable , so go ahead and snag glyph of harsh words if you haven't already got it.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Redeemed of Shadow Council Forum Index -> Challenge Modes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: